Call for Proposals for civil society organizations: Strengthening resilience, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Post-Disaster Recovery
With the financial support of the European Union and in partnership with the Ministry of Interior (Sector for Emergency Management) and the Ministry of Public Investment, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) announces a Call for Proposals for small-scale projects aimed at strengthening resilience, reducing disaster risk, and recovery after natural and other disasters in the territory of the Republic of Serbia.
Civil society organizations registered in the Republic of Serbia that are active in the field of disaster risk reduction, civil protection, and recovery after natural and other disasters or in related areas can apply for this call.
To contribute to reducing vulnerability to disasters and increasing the resilience of the Republic of Serbia to climate change, proposed projects are expected to have a measurable positive impact on at least three of the following thematic areas:
- Strengthening the civil society network for disaster risk reduction,
- Raising awareness and citizen participation in disaster risk reduction activities,
- Citizen participation in decision-making processes related to disaster resilience,
- Innovative disaster risk reduction practices, including recovery after natural and other disasters,
- Better preparedness for emergencies and establishing sustainable mechanisms for emergency response,
- Community mobilization and citizen involvement in collaboration with disaster risk reduction and response system entities,
- Sustainable dialogue and partnership between the public and civil sectors in risk management,
- Creating a mechanism to respond to specific needs related to the vulnerability of the local community.
The duration of the projects cannot be less than 3 months or longer than 5 months, from the signing of the contract until no later than May 30, 2024, when is the end of the implementation.
Applications and accompanying documentation should be sent by email with the subject "Call for Proposals for Civil Society Organizations" to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 5, 2023, at 5 pm. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
To provide detailed information about the application, UNDP will organize an online Info session on November 23, 2023, starting at 11 am. Interested parties should register by sending an email with the subject "Registration for Info Session" to email@example.com , after which they will receive a link to access.
More information about the competition and application rules can be found HERE.
This call is part of the "EU for Serbia Resilient to Disasters" project, funded by the European Union and implemented by UNDP.
*** Note: Please use the Budget excel file that was last updated on the website in the section Solicitations. This excel file contains appropriate formulas for calculating summary columns and rows of the budget.